I am planning on installing the CHSPT2ULTRA Type-2 surge protector on my outside main panel.
I am planning on:
- turning off main being careful to note that the utility service lines and the terminals they connect to inside the panel remain live
- using a knockout closest to neutral bar for the CHSPT2ULTRA
- adding a 2-pole 50amp breaker in the open slot under existing breakers
- Connecting the White wire to the neutral/ground bus bar. (pictured on right)
- Connect the Green wire to the same neutral/ground bus bar.(looks like there are two open terminals)
- Connect the Black and Red wire to the 2-pole 50amp circuit breaker added in step 2
- go get a beer
Would this be a correct and efficient installation?
Am I missing anything that might improve performance from the surge protector?